Info & FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the following links to view details:

Where is the Tablelands Folk Festival?

Tablelands Folk Festival is held in Yungaburra 65 minutes from Cairns on the Atherton Tablelands. Yungaburra is on the Gillies Highway and is 10 minutes from Atherton, the closest regional centre.


How do I get there?

View Map

What date is the Tablelands Folk Festival?

22-25th October 2015


How can I pay for my ticket?

Purchase Tickets direct from Closet Hippy, Malanda;
Music City, Cairns; UpTown Music, Atherton;
Eden House or Quincan Cafe, Yungaburra..

Do tickets to the festival sell out?


Can I buy a ticket over the phone?


Are there membership discounts?


Pre-purchased tickets.

If you have pre-purchased your tickets, go to the ‘pre-purchased tickets’ desk outside the Yungaburra library to collect your wristband. You will need to show your order code (from the ticket sales site), proof of purchase (order confirmation from the ticket sales site)  and/or ID to collect your wristband. You can collect your wristband from 4pm on Friday and from 9am – 2pm on Saturday. After 2pm on Saturday you can collect your wristband from the main festival ticket desk also located at the library.
You will need to show proof of age when collecting your wristband.

My plans have changed. Will you refund my ticket?

No refunds or exchanges are available.

Is there an early bird discount?

No. But weekend tickets are available in advance at only $85.00 (excluding Herberton gig) or Member Discount at $75.00

Session Tickets are also available now.

Are there any concessions on tickets?

A student ticket is available for school students.

I need to bring a carer to assist me.

The Festival supports Companion Card. Please inquire with the festival office.

What are the requirements for Student and children’s tickets?

Students must show proof of attending high school.

Children must be 12 or under on the last day of the festival and will receive free entry on arrival with their accompanying adult ticket holder.


When is the list of artists announced?

The full program is available from mid-August but keep an eye on the website for sneak peaks.

Who’s playing this year?

Check out the Festival Site

Can I get my program book before the Festival?

No. They are only available when you collect your ticket. The website contains most of the information about artists and performance times.

When do the concerts start and finish?

The first shows on Friday begin at 6.00pm and finish at 12.30am; Saturday 8.30am until 12.30am (Saturday night); and Sunday, 8.30am until 5.00pm. These are the first show and last show times; not all stages run all of the time. Please see the detailed program for further details.


Is there festival camping?

You are invited to camp at Memorial Park for the event, adjacent to the Yungaburra Tennis Club Grounds, where there are portable hot showers and toilet facilities.


Where else can I stay?

There are a lot of options in town, but you need to make enquiries and bookings early.

“You can also find your accommodation on trivago, or compare proximity to the festival through ‘Map View’ on the Tablelands Folk Festival trivago page.

Or Yungaburra Visitor Information Centre can help.

At The Festival

Where is it held?

There are various venues at the main festival site in Maude Kehoe Park as well as around town in churches, halls and restaurants.

What goes on at the Festival?

The festival program includes local, national and international acts performing folk, acoustic roots, blues, jazz, world, country roots, bluegrass and workshops with performers. There is also comedy, spoken word, Poet’s Breakfasts, a Children’s Festival, street performers and a parade through town, plus craft and market stalls. In addition there is a Home Brew competition and workshops, and a Wellbeing Fair.

When do the gates open?

Gates open on Friday at 4.00pm and at 8.00am Saturday and Sunday.

Where can I park?

If you are staying in town, please consider walking to the Festival. There is a car park on the corner of Eacham Road and Fig Street; a fee is required and the spaces fill quickly. There is the usual parking on the streets of town, but please observe all signs, road closures, etc.

Can I leave the Festival Arena and come back in?

You certainly can, a festival wristband allows you to come and go as you please all weekend. Take the time to explore, see the street performers, markets and the venues around town.

What should I wear?

Weather in the Tablelands can be unpredictable all year round. Warm sunny days are usually on offer in October but be prepared for light rain.

What kind of seating is in the venues?

All concert venues have supplied, unallocated seating. Please feel free to bring your own camp chairs, blankets, pillows etc to venues in Maude Kehoe Park. All of the audience should be able to see the stage and as many as possible should be able to fit into the popular concerts.

Can I bring my dog?

No pets are allowed on the festival site with the exception of guide dogs.

Can I bring my own food?

Yes, certainly, but not alcohol.

Can I buy food at the Festival?

The Festival markets have an excellent range of food catering for all diets.

Is there a craft market this year?

Yes. There is an art and craft market held in Maude Kehoe Park for the duration of the festival. The highly popular Yungaburra Markets also coincide with the festival falling on the Saturday. They are held in the park across the main road (Gordonvale Atherton Road).

Can I bring my camera?

Yes, you may bring a camera, however, audio or video recording of concerts and workshops is not permitted.

What services are available for people with a disability?

The Festival is a One & All accessible event and provides facilities for people with a disability. There is wheelchair access to all venues.

How can I get to the Festival on public transport?

From Cairns you can take the Cairns/Kuranda/Atherton bus. Taxis are available from Atherton which is 10 minutes drive from Yungaburra.

Is there an ATM on site?

No, but there is an ATM located at the general store and in the Pub.

Performing at the Festival

Can I busk?

Buskers are not booked by the Festival. There is a buskers stage in Maude Keogh Park. If you wish to busk in town please register with ticketing.

Is there a blackboard/open stage?

Yes, check the Program for details.

How do I apply to perform?

The festival accepts applications from 1 April each year. Applications are available online. Applications can be submitted online or posted.

I’ve made an application but haven’t heard anything back. What’s going on?

As indicated in the application guide, we will notify you of the success of your application by 31 August. We endeavour to respond to all applications but if you have not heard any feedback by this date, please contact the Program Director by emailing

Volunteering at the Festival

How do I become a volunteer?

Tablelands Folk Festival like most festivals in Australia depends on volunteers. Each year over 80 people generously contribute their time and skills to our local Festival to make it happen and have a ball doing it. A special benefit for working four or more hours is an invitation to the Volunteers’ Party.
Volunteer applications are available online early to mid year. There is a link at the top of this page to fill in a volunteer application form.
Some work is done prior to the Festival or after, but most is done over the weekend. Volunteers can be venue assistants, work in ticketing, construction, work with performers, or work on the MC and stage manager team.

Do I get a free ticket for volunteering?

All Volunteers who contribute 8 hours or more of work (depending on the job and the area) are entitled to a free weekend ticket.


I would like to have a craft stall at the Festival, how do I arrange that?

Contact our stalls coordinator for more information by emailing


I would like to bring my food stall to the Festival, how do I arrange that?

As Above, however, Food Stalls will need to be licensed and registered for a food premises operator with Tableland Regional Council and follow the Qld. Food Safety Standards which are available on the web at


I would like to supply audio/lighting/staging equipment for the Festival. Who do I talk to?

Please contact the Festival Director –


I am a journalist/photographer and I would like to cover the Festival.

Can I get accreditation?

Please contact the Festival Director – – photography, video and Festival images may not be used without permission of the Festival Director. All music played at the Festival is subject to copyright laws. A very limited number of press passes will be issued, and only accredited press pass holders will be permitted to take photographs. Only the official festival videographer(s) will be permitted to take video or sound recordings (these are subject to numerous use and copyright agreements). No images of the festival may be sold without prior permission of the Festival Director (Press pass holders obtain permission with press pass).