TABLELANDS FOLK FESTIVAL ASSN. INC. PERFORMERS POLICY AND GUIDELINES
General Information, Terms and Conditions:
How do Artists / Presenters Apply?
From 1 March to 31 May, click on “APPLY HERE” link on the Sidebar of this website.
THE BOOKING PROCEDURE
The booking procedure for the Tablelands Folk Festival is as follows;
- Expression of Interest – The expression of interest form must be submitted online by 31 May.
- All bookings are expected to be confirmed soon after.
- Agreement Contract and Logistics – Stage and technical requirements, car passes, camping and/or accommodation bookings and other logistical information will be submitted with the agreement.
If your expression of interest is successful you will be notified via email regarding your requirements for each successive stage.
Performing at the Tablelands Folk Festival
- Each venue has a Coordinator or Stage Manager and MC’s assigned to them.
- All stages are equipped with technical staff – you do not need to bring your own sound crew or FOH.
- The festival provides a simple backline of a bass amp, guitar amp and drumkit on the Garden Stage and Community Hall Only. Any other requirements will be subject to further discussion.
This service is a free of charge “all care, no responsibility” service operated by the Tablelands Folk Festival.
If you have supplied us with complete information and invoices as requested, your payment will be made via Internet Banking. You can not collect a cheque at the festival. Note: If the Performer does not have an ABN, then an Aust Tax Office form, ‘Statement By Supplier’ will be supplied by The Festival for you to declare the reason for no ABN.
If you would like to make alternative arrangements for payment you must get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org well before the festival.
The Festival issues tickets to Artists and Presenters only. With over 300 Artists and Presenters, it is not possible to issue tickets to spouses, partners, children, band managers or entourage. The festival provides venue stage managers, MCs, PAs, lighting equipment, sound engineers and operators.
Discounted tickets for partners and children will only be available at the discretion of the Program Director
All merchandise is sold through the Festival Shop.
- Merchandise may be promoted, but not sold from the stage.
- A 20% commission is charged on all merchandise.
- GST is not applicable.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL SHOP:
The Shop is located centrally and trading hours are 9 am to 10pm. The Festival Shop is equipped with EFTPOS facilities.
Merchandise PAYMENT FOR ARTIST:
Cheques or Internet Banking for merchandise will be processed as soon as possible after the festival. Note: Remember The Tablelands Folk Festival Assn. Inc. (ABN: 89 320 902 310) is not registered for GST and therefore GST is the artists responsibility.
We also have popular Artist signing sessions at the Festival Shop to provide an opportunity for you to further promote your merchandise.
The festival has a department to co-ordinate interview and photo requests from the media.
- Your onsite contact number will be provided to this department who may call you with requests.
- Anyone with your group who is intending to video or photograph your group must apply for media accreditation prior to the festival.
BETWEEN CAIRNS AIRPORT AND THE FESTIVAL SITE:
The Festival agrees to provide shuttle transfers from Cairns Airport to Yungaburra & back. Note: If you need this service, you will need to fill in and return the Shuttle Transfer Form.
Details required are:
- Which airline, including flight number and originating port
- Arrival and/or Departure times
- Number of people in your party and what extra equipment to collect. We estimate one suitcase & one guitar sized instrument per Performer.
This service can be arranged during the logistics stage of the booking process and more information will be provided.
Things to consider WHEN BOOKING FLIGHTS:
We usually have more than one act traveling in the same bus or car together, and you might have to wait for others to arrive and collect their luggage.
Arranging to drive you to the airport for a 6.30am departure is a problem for us – we cannot guarantee it will happen. Please make your departure times reasonable, or arrange to stay in Cairns overnight so that you can catch a taxi to the airport for the really early flights.
Accommodation & Camping
You are welcome to bring your own camping gear and camp free of charge.
ON SITE FACILITIES:
- Electricity is not available at campsites.
- You are welcome to bring your own cooking facilities (no fires allowed) and food is available in the festival precinct.
- Hot showers and toilets are provided.
The Performer(s) will not be charged for camping. If you intend to bring your spouse/partner and children you must purchase their tickets.
A camping pass will be issued upon Performer check in. The Camping area is three hundred metres walk away from the main venues.
The Festival agrees to supply a campsite only. No camping equipment will be provided.
There is limited Motel accommodation close to the Tablelands Folk Festival site and availability cannot be guaranteed.
- The average cost is around $150 per night per room.
- Some billeted accommodation is also available
Transport to and from a selected number of motels on the tablelands can be arranged if required.